The curch of Saint Ivan

The curch of Saint Ivan

The curch of Saint Ivan

On the Saint Ivan island is located the church of Saint Ivan, sadly only remains can be seen today.
Eremite of Saint Geronimo of Fiesole lived here in the middle ages and they builded themself a church and monastery. In 1668 the pope abolishes the order and they leave the island. Further on fisherman and sailors of Rovinj kept taking care for the building .
As the authority in this territory changed through the centuries so the church was left forgotten and with time it collapsed today are only remains left.